CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Death Row Righteousness (title pending)

There's a wanted sign outside the door,
issued by the lying lord.
He holds a charge, recompense is my head,
and he will not stop until I'm dead.

The funny thing, admit I must,
my trail would be truly just.
I've lied, I stole, I've taken life,
so introduce my neck to knife.

In pursuit of gold and fame,
those behind me are scared and maimed.
I farmed the weak and broken souls,
and harvested more crimes and tolls.

But the penalty has been absolved
through unjust courts my sin dissolved.
His dying words, evil diminished
when he proclaimed that “It is finished.”

As a fugitive I can clearly see,
how my crimes don't match my liberty.
Free and roaming, life is shocking,
because I was nothing but a dead man walking.

0 comments: